The electric vehicle market enters its fourth year in 2014 since its start in 2010 by then it had only two cars. The market has grown through the years and it has now acquired 14 cars from different automakers. This year new electric cars from different manufactures such as BMW, Cadillac, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Porsche have entered the market. Thus 5 new electric cars have entered the market making the number of electric cars in the market beyond 19.However electric cars continues to be offered in few markets and in small numbers. However as time goes on people are continuing to seek to replace gasoline cars and other fuel cars with greener vehicles and thus this may lead to more electric cars in the market with time. Cost conscious car buyers have also not been left out as low cost electric cars have been manufactured by automakers such as Nissan. Thus encouraging people with small pockets own an electric car
Below are the top 5 electric cars of 2014
The BMW i3
- The BMW i3 is a stylish vehicle and also it is the lightest electric vehicle in the market.
- Its lightness makes it able to provide a quick 170 horse power ride.
- The car uses a powerful liquid cooled 22kWh battery that is capable of driving the car approximately 80 miles.
- The car also has an electric bimmer that has a small engine. The bimmer is capable of driving the car up to 160 miles.
The Cadillac ELR
- This is a high power electric car that boasts of a 16.5 kWh battery and a 1.4 liter gasoline engine.
- The only disadvantage of the car is that it is expensive.
The BMW i8
- The BMW i8 is one of BMW’S expensive electric hybrid cars.
- It is driven by a very powerful 129 horse power electric motor which drives the front wheels, the rear wheels are driven by a by a 1.5 liter gasoline engine.
The Mercedes Benz B-class electric car
- This is a small car from Mercedes automakers. This caris comparable with the BMW i3 in terms of performance.
- Engineers have designed the Mercedes Benz B-class into a comfortable commuter car.
- The car features a battery pack holding 31.5 kWh which drives the car up to 100 miles.
The Porsche panamera SE electric car
- It is a four sitter luxury sport sedan electric car powered by a 3 liter gasoline engine and a 70 kWh motor.
- The Porsche panamera SE provides approximately 22miles of all –electric range and a high speed of up to 167 miles per hour.
- For those with a passion for an electric sports car the Porsche panamera SE is their perfect choice.
The Nissan leaf
- The Nissan leaf entered the market in May.
- This is a high power electric car that travels 80 miles when on a full charge.
- It is one of the cheapest electric cars and this has made it the most bought of all the electric cars.
- It is a perfect choice for those who love pocket friendly electric cars.
If you want to drive an electric car book driving test and have yourself drive one.