What is reckless driving?
Reckless driving is driving that involves a vehicle driving at high speeds which is against the safety of any individual or property. Moreover, reckless driving is it done intentionally by the driver as they know very well that they are driving the vehicle in a dangerous manner which can be risky for them as well as other people. Reckless driving is always regarded as misconduct and is always a criminal or traffic offense in the eyes of law.
Reckless driving has seen an increased rise in California. Because of this rise, there have been more reckless driving laws in California implemented in order to safeguard the interest of every pedestrian. Reckless driving is also known as careless driving by many because the driver drives the car at high speed with full intention.
Major Factors of Reckless Driving
There are a number of factors used to determine whether the driver was driving recklessly or not. These are:
- Looking at the weather conditions
- The presence of other individuals
- The act of driver cannot be neglected
Common Types of Reckless Driving
There are different types of reckless driving and it also varies from state to state. Still, some of the common types of reckless driving are:
- Extreme speeding your vehicle
- Passing illegally on a curve without following the traffic rules
- Breaking the traffic law
- Not following traffic signs and signals
- Racing with other cars
- Driving a car or motorcycle with faulty brakes or any other flaws
Consequences of Reckless Driving
Reckless driving is not acceptable in any state. Every state has a law against reckless driving and it is considered as a misconduct traffic offense. Moreover, anyone who is found guilty of reckless driving is required to give a penalty for it. Some of the probable consequences due to reckless driving are:
- If you found guilty of reckless driving chances are there that you will not be allowed to drive again.
- As this is an offense you will be regarded as a criminal.
- Chances of suspending your driving privileges can be there.
- In almost every case you may be asked to pay fine depending on your State law.
- if due to your reckless driving someone is harmed severely, you can be put to jail.
Every state has a different law, but the above-discussed consequences can be similar in every state.
The Need for a Lawyer for Reckless Driving
If you are involved in reckless driving and severely injured due to that, you are then advised to hire a criminal defense attorney to fight for you. Criminal defense lawyers possess knowledge and experience in this field so he will be able to help you. Therefore, hiring a lawyer will be a better option for your case.