During a 2017 survey, approximately one out of every four UK citizens stated that he or she would purchase a used vehicle at some point during the next two years. Of these individuals, roughly 50% indicated that they lacked the knowledge and wherewithal to confidently pick a reputable dealership in their vicinity.
Thus, in an effort to help you ascertain a quality used car dealer in Bridlington, we’ve developed a brief guide that highlights the most important aspects to look out for.
Comprehensive Background Checks
First things first; your dealer should feature a tight-knit relationship with the HPI Check association, especially if you’d like to be properly informed before signing on the dotted line. In this regard, your automotive specialist should be able to procure all of the following information upon request:
- Documented MOT testing timeline
- Current MOT certifications
- Full list of all past owners
- Inclusive catalogue of any accidents, collisions, insurance write-offs, title problems, cases of fraud, and other vital aspects
- Mileage inconsistencies
- Unpaid loans, liens, and financing issues
This will allow you to rest easy knowing that the dealership’s entire inventory is certified, lawfully authorised, and ready for purchase.
After-Sale Warranty Included
Next, it’s worth noting that the most distinguished auto traders are able to provide a robust guarantee on all of their cars, trucks, and SUVs. This type of value-added warranty ensures an added level of protection for your purchase, which is particularly helpful if you happen to be financing a vehicle through a lending agency.
Ongoing Support and Service
Lastly, you should take the time to ensure that your dealership of choice can serve as a one-stop shop for all of your vehicular needs:
- Top-to-bottom 49-point inspection to ensure a safe, functional vehicle
- Scheduled maintenance and upkeep
- Engine work and repairs
- Personalised painting and bodywork services
- Readily available roadside assistance
- In-house MOT testing
With this helpful checklist at your disposal, you’ll be able to select the perfect dealer in your area. Be sure to bookmark this page and use it as a reference guide.